Q: Throttle position sensor Honda CR-V 2006

asked by on June 23, 2017

Bought the piece. Can't find it to replace it

Hi there. I would recommend watching this video to show you where it’s located and how it’s replaced.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr

My engine dies when idling if I don't give it gas

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2007 Honda CR-V. This is a common issue on many cars and is often times related to what is called an idle air control module. This module regulates the air flow into...

Fluid leaking - 2009 Chevrolet Malibu

There should not be ANY leaks or seepage. One obvious thing to check is the drain plug/gasket (if equipped). It is also possible that fluid is leaking past the transmission oil pan gasket if the pan was removed and a...

Car stalls at low speed

Your idle air control valve can be stuck closed and not raising the idle to keep it from stalling when coming to a stop. Also if you have an engine vacuum leak it can also cause this problem. You did...

Four-wheel drive thumping noise. 2006 Mazda B4000

Hello. It sounds like the transfer case is going bad causing the thumping noise you are hearing. The transfer case transfers power to the front wheels so that all four tires are working during four-wheel drive. If the transfer case...

As I drive there is a loud thump noise in my rear driver side tire.

The description of the noise you hear is most likely a tire has a separation in the tread. The tire will still hold air but the tire will be coming apart between the treads. You should have the tire checked...

running rough, blowing blue smoke then white smoke

Testing and diagnosing will give a technician a good idea of what to expect will be found with internal engine problems, but you can never be totally sure until some disassembly and inspection has been done. Test results leading to...

Clear coat is all messed up, what happened?

Hello! Thank you for writing in about this problem. This is a fairly common issue with this generation of the Tacoma model. Most of it likely comes down to poor paint prep, thin coating, or contamination when the vehicle was...

Car felt like it was losing power and jumped twice on the highway and once on a side street, what is this?

If your check engine light is on then you should have it checked to see if you have a misfire code or another code that may point to the cause of the problem. You may have a misfiring cylinder due...

If I provide the Window regulator with motor how much do you charge for labor?

Hi Rajender, Thank you for contacting YourMechanic! To set up the quote for the window regulator for your vehicle, we need some extra information in order to get you the most up-to-date prices on parts and labor. Please give...