Q: Evap vent valve has oil coming from it.

There is liquid that smells like oil rather than fuel on the evap vent valve. I don't know how or where it's coming from. Please help I just got this truck.

Is the check engine light on for a problem with the evap system vent valve? The fuel tank may have been overfilled. The evap canister has charcoal inside and if the fuel was overfilled it may be coming out of the vent after passing through the charcoal canister. In this case, it would be best to replace the valve and canister together. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and check the function of the evap vent valve and system to offer a more personal diagnosis.