Q: Replaced master cylinder, bled all four sides pedal still goes to floor HELP 😔

asked by on July 31, 2016

First thank you for your time. No original problem, Replaced the all calipers and when doing that didn' t close one of the valves and it leaked out and dried the master cylinder. Well I ordered another one just in case so it arrived today after 8 weeks uuugghhh and have bench bled the cylinder , test drove it pedal is going to the floor. Last night bled all 4 sides again and still no hard pedal. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Doing anything I can to keep from taking it to the shop.

If you have clean brake fluid at the wheels after following the proper bleed sequence, I would try bench bleeding the master cylinder one more time and bleeding at the wheels afterwards.

If you still don’t have a proper brake pedal, you probably have a defective master cylinder. While it doesn’t happen often, it isn’t unusual to get a defective part right out of the box whether new or rebuilt.

I suggest getting this checked out by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose the issue with your brake pedal and help you fix it accordingly.