Q: 2008 Prius with 230,099 miles , drove without oil and ended up making a grinding noise so I pulled over and called tow truck.

asked by on August 27, 2017

I drove the Prius and the oil was low and made a noise from the engine , the screen stated problem and the oil light flashed , it was a grinding noise , how do I fix this and what cause it

Unfortunately, driving without oil may have likely caused some catastrophic damage to your engine. As you may know, engines require oil to keep internal components cool and lubricated to reduce friction. When the engine is run dry of oil, this results in intense heat and frictional tension that almost always results in thermal breakdown and failure. I would suggest having a professional from Yourmechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what kind of damage has been done.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr