Q: The powertrain warning light comes on when I'm driving...then all other warning lights illuminate and the speedometer and all othe

asked by on September 14, 2017

When I'm driving the powertrain warning light comes in then after a while all the warning lights on the dashboard light up and the speedometer and all other dials on the dashboard stop working

I don’t see any published Service Bulletins relative to your issue or comparable complaints (NHTSA database, etc.). Consequently, your situation will have to be diagnosed through the usual testing. What I would first suggest is determine if any trouble codes have been stored relative to this issue of the powertrain warning light coming on. Normally, the illumination of that warning light signifies that codes are stored. If codes are stored, the fault behind those codes should be tracked down and resolved first. If the other issues then persist (the other dashboard indications, the non-functional instruments, and so forth) those other issues would be suggestive of some sort of "global" electrical failure. To start with a diagnostic of the powertrain warning light, the recommended service is a warning light diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.