car ran out of gas then i put some gas in it but now it w...

Q: car ran out of gas then i put some gas in it but now it wont start?

asked by on November 08, 2017

I was driving the car and it ran out of gas. then I towed it to a gas station and then filled up some gas. but car will not start up. what should I do?

You will need to have the fuel pressure tested to see if the fuel pump in the fuel tank has failed. You may not actually ran out of fuel but the pump failed and stopped pumping. Have pressure tested and replace pump and filter if pump test bad.