Q: 1992 Ford Tempo cranks but won't start

The car cranks but won't start. I thought it was the fuel pump, but that seems fine. The fuel system reset button is fine, the filter is fine. I replaced the coil rotator and distributor. All revved power, but it still won't start.

A: From the information provided there could b...

From the information provided there could be a variety of reasons why your Ford Tempo will not start. The fuel pump may power up and even make noise, but if it cannot provide adequate fuel pressure, the engine will not start. An engine needs proper amounts of fuel and air to mix together inside the combustion chamber of the engine along with a good spark to order for the engine to start and run properly.

I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and diagnose your Ford Tempo. They will have the tools and experience needed to identify why your Ford Tempo is not starting as well as assist you in making the necessary repairs to get your Tempo running reliably