Q: can a bad evr/egr solenoid prevent this vehicle from starting ?

asked by on September 30, 2016

One of the wires from the EVR solenoid connector was broken and I spliced a new piece and the truck started and ran. I bought a new connector and spliced in and now the truck wont start at all.

If the issue began after you replaced the wiring I would double check the wiring for any faults. A continuity test would be the best way to make sure that the connections are secure and making proper contact. If the wiring is good then it may be possible that the EVR solenoid has suddenly failed. I would also check the fuses to see if any have perhaps been blown while the wiring was being worked on.