Q: Mazda CX-5 2016 GT - Central display blank, music from radio/CD working. Would this hard reset help me as well?

asked by on February 25, 2017

I just bought a Mazda CX-5 2016 EU edition. In several days of yous my central display is blank, although everything else seems to be working. Would a hard reset help me? By hard reset I mean disconnecting the battery and turn the headlights on and holding the foot on the brake pedal for 1 minute.

Is there any other way to reset it?

You can disconnect the battery cable and let out all of the power source to the vehicle by turning on the ignition switch with the battery disconnected. Then hook up the battery and the radio should be reset and you may have to reset the configurations. If you need further assistance with resetting your radio, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.