Q: I was told my fuel pump relay was good but fuel pump still doesn't work after replacing it.

I was told nothing is wrong with relay, but how can you tell if you only look at it? Was told they switched them around, how can I check that

Hi, thanks for your question. If you switched the relay to a different circuit and that circuit works, then the relay tests okay. The fuel pump relay is controlled by the PCM and you would need to scan the computer for its ability to turn on and off the fuel pump. The dash should be checked for the theft light staying on and diagnosed by a mechanic. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

• I was told my fuel pump relay was good but fuel pump still doesn't work after replacing it.