Q: Over heating

I have a 2003 Nissan Altima. My car recently overheated when i was driving i pulled over to put antifreeze in it and i noticed my cap was lose i then put antifreeze in it and screwed the top on tight. About 3 minutes later the car over heated again i parked and looked under the hood and noticed the top was completely off. I put water in it and proceeded to go home. It overheated about 5 times before I Got there. The next morning i went to purchase a new cap and more antifreeze i then started the car and it procrastinated a little but eventually started. I kept the car on to see if it over heats , it didn’t. My heat never got hot but i noticed smoke-like steam coming from under my hood right behind my radiator fan. I then took the top off to check the antifreeze and it wasn’t flowing at all. I’m not sure exactly what this is. Could it be the radiator itself ? A hose? The thermastat or a water pump... please help me I’m new to GA

It sounds like you overheated the engine and may have blown a head gasket and the pressure built up in the cooling system and may have blown the radiator core and it is leaking now also. You should have the engine checked for blown head gasket and radiator checked for leaks with a pressure test and cylinder head leak check. A mechanic like one from YourMechanic can do these tests to see what is problem and needed repairs.

3. Q: Over heating