Q: Inertia switch/Fuel pump

In August, my car died on a road trip in central Missouri. I had it towed to a shop where they informed me my fuel pump needed replaced. After it was replaced with a new one from o Reilly's, an hour down the road the inertia switch started failing. I had to keep resetting the button every ten minutes until it finally completely quit near Tulsa. Luckily a junk yard near us had an extra one and installed it, which got us back to OKC. I went to start my car yesterday, put it in reverse, and the car shut off. It turns over, but won't start. The whine of the fuel pump is no longer there when I turn the key (right before trying to get the car to turn over). My question is, does the inertia switch completely disable the fuel pump or should I still hear the whine of it? Is my inertia switch bad or did my fuel pump really quit working again? My warranty for the pump only works if I have the car worked on in that same shop in Missouri, but I live in OKC. Help!

A: The inertia switch is supposed to totally d...

The inertia switch is supposed to totally disable the fuel pump power supply when the vehicle is in an accident or rolls over. You will need to check the power connector into and out of the inertia switch to make sure power is coming into the switch on the green wire from the fuel pump relay in engine junction box and out on the pink wire to the fuel pump. If you are getting power when you cycle the key on at both of the wires then you may have a bad fuel pump or connector at the fuel pump. Have the connector checked to make sure power is getting to the pump. If you are getting power to the pump when cycling the key then you will need to replace the fuel pump. again.