Q: Car won't start and immobilized light flashes

About 2 weeks ago my car started acting like it didn't want to start. I would try to start it and it acted like there wasn't enough power to turn over the engine. But if I turned the key to the off position and tried again the car would start right up. Now 2 weeks later it won't start without a jump. The car has power...locks, Windows, and radio all work. I turn the key and All I get is tick tick tick tick tick. The only thing abnormal that I notice is the immobilizer light on the dash flashes when I'm trying to start it. I took it to autozone and the battery tests fine. Any ideas?

Try using an alternate key if you have it. If it starts easily with another key, then the first key is faulty and has to be replaced. If it behaves the same with any key, then it is possible it has a bad ignition switch or possibly a bad pcm - Power Control Module. Use the fuse box diagram and search for PCM fuses. There are two of them I believe. If either is blown, then that’s a sign there is either a bad connection or short at the pcm connector(s) or the pcm itself. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office, and make possible replacements to your ignition switch and inspect your wiring.

3. Car won't start and immobilized light flashes