Q: Whining noise that only happens when accelerating on a Subaru WRX 2013. It's not the transmission.

My car is making a whining noise but it's only with acceleration. As soon as I decelerate, it stops and it doesn't do it when idling. It starts at about 3,000 rpms and it isn't gear specific.

There are a number of things that may cause a whining sound. Bearings that are on the verge of going out will normally produce a whining sound. An alternator or water pump that is beginning to wear out will also produce a bit of a whining sound, both of which will produce the sound relative to RPM change as you are accelerating and will be less noticeable when the motor is idling. I would suggest having a professional come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to determine what may be causing the whining sound.

3. Whining noise that only happens when accelerating on a Subaru WRX 2013. It's not the transmission.