Q: Misfire - 2003 BMW 320i

ENGINE miss fire has had coil packs replaced plugs replaced was told by the garage that it was the eccentric shaft sensor so had that replaced and new rocker cover gasket as was leaking but the problem is still there any ideas

A: Hi there. Typically when a professional mec...

Hi there. Typically when a professional mechanic is trying to diagnose an engine misfire, the first thing they’ll do is download any OBD-II error codes to pinpoint the source of the ignition issue. Without knowing those codes, telling you what might be wrong with your 2003 BMW is virtually impossible. My advice would be to contact a different local mechanic and have them complete an engine is misfiring inspection first; before any other mechanic starts guessing as to what might be wrong.