Q: i replaced the cluster and disconnected the battery. when i connected everything again the theft alarm was on and car doesnt start

i need to know how to reset the theft alarm on my Mustang 1999 v6 i replaced cluster box and disconnected the battery now car does not want to start theft light flashing

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing we need to determine is if this is a stock alarm or an aftermarket that was installed later. There may be a technical issue with the alarm module itself. The keys as well may need to be programmed again if there was a lock out feature tripped. If this is a stock alarm, you will need to look into your owner’s manual for more information on how it works, and how to resolve the issue. If this is an aftermarket alarm, you will need to look into the components that are supplying it with power and input signals. There is likely something wrong with the alarm’s computer or wiring. If the key needs to be reprogrammed, only the dealership can do that for you. More information is needed to proceed with diagnostics in this situation. For more help determining the issue, contact our service department.

3. i replaced the cluster and disconnected the battery. when i connected everything again the theft alarm was on and car doesnt start