Q: Tire making loud thumping/knocking noise

asked by on February 15, 2017

Recently my car's rear passenger side tire is making a loud thumping/knocking sound and it gets louder as I accelerate, the sound comes and goes however usually when I hit a big bump in the road, tire seems fine, has air and everything but am not sure about the loud noise

Hello. You may have a wheel bearing going bad or flat spot on your tire. I suggest that you have a technician such as one you can choose from YourMechanic perform a suspension evaluation on your vehicle to help you find the cause of the noise.