Q: I do not know what TPS I should get to improve my ACDelco one for the Formula SAE team I am on. I am a student at Cal Poly Pomona.

I am in a Formula SAE team at Cal Poly Pomona and we need to improve upon our throttle body design so that it operates better. We have had issues with our TPS giving us bad data and we want to see if can upgrade upon what we already have, which is a ACDelco 213-912 GM. I am not sure if simply getting a new one is the answer or if buying a more sophisticated one would be the way to go.

If you are getting erratic signals from the TPS then you should replace it with same one. You will need to be careful not to spray any liquid into the throttle body or it will get into the sensor and cause it to get damaged. If you need to clean throttle body out then spray cleaner on a rag and wipe it clean instead of just spraying the cleaner into it.

3. I do not know what TPS I should get to improve my ACDelco one for the Formula SAE team I am on. I am a student at Cal Poly Pomona.