Q: How do I replace the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter battery of a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox?

How do I replace the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter battery?

The remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter gets a lot of use, as it helps you lock and unlock your vehicle with regularity. As a result, the battery can sometimes die. You can replace the battery in the RKE transmitter yourself: 1. Extend the key by pressing the button at the top of the RKE transmitter. 2. With the back of the RKE transmitter facing up, using your finger to pry open the battery cover. 3. Press on the battery with your finger, and then slide it out of the RKE transmitter by sliding it towards the extended key. 4. Insert a new CR2032 or equivalent battery into the transmitter, and press the battery down until it is firmly in place. Make sure that the positive side of the battery is facing upwards. 5. Place the battery cover back on the RKE transmitter. 6. Press the button at the top of the RKE transmitter to retract the key back into the fob. Tip Make sure that your hands are very clean and very dry when changing the battery, otherwise you can cause irreparable damage to the RKE transmitter.

3. How do I replace the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter battery of a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox?