Q: I had my oil pan gasket replaced and car is still leaking oil

asked by on April 14, 2017

Could it be oil pressure sensor that needs replacing or something else besides the oil pan gasket i saw oil on the bottom of the oil pan

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. An oil leak like this can be tricky. First know that the oil pan, by design, is the lowest component in the oil system, so that gravity will collect the oil in the pan while the car is off. With that being said, any oil leaking above or in the vicinity of the pan will channel down to the lowest place, the oil pan. Which is why you are seeing the oil leak at the pan, when it may be coming from elsewhere. Try to locate any signs of a leak above the pan and around the engine. Keep in mind oil is packed with detergents, and when looking at the engine, oil leaks are found where there are clean spots. You are less likely to have an oil pressure issue, but a simple pressure test can confirm or deny that type of issue. For more help locating the leak, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.