Q: How to hook up the shift cable.

I'm trying to hook up my shift rod to my transmission and when I get it to go in the gear salecter won't go into drive just park reverse and netral

The kickdown cable is too tight and needs to be back off. The kickdown cable controls the throttle valve on the transmission which overrides the transmission shifting. If the cable is too tight, then the transmission will not shift and may not go into drive. If you need further assistance with your kickdown cable, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. How to hook up the shift cable.