Q: Power steering is making a high-pitched noise 2011 Chevrolet Impala

Her Impala is making harsh high pitched noises when she turns the wheel, I know how to check fluid levels and I know how to replace the pump if that's the issue, also I haven't found any signs of leaks and as far as I've been told she hasn't ever had her power steering changed. I'd just like to know if the rack and pinion or and hoses need to be checked out as I believe there is air in the system, or if doing a simple power steering flush would be enough?

Hi there - unless the power steering has run low on fluid, there should not be air in the system. However, the symptoms you describe suggest the pump may be starved for fluid - which could occur from a low fluid level, or a clogged filter. I recommend a power steering fluid flush & filter change performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Power steering is making a high-pitched noise 2011 Chevrolet Impala