Q: My turbo will sometimes work and sometimes will not work.

My turbo will sometimes work and sometimes will not work. I had got a diagnosis done on it because my check engine light was on and it came up as a boost pressure sensor but I got advice that I can adjust the exhaust wastegate actuator and it would work. Well I did such thing and I took it for a test drive and the turbo still isn't functioning right. The check engine light is gone but it runs how it would with no turbo and revs up to about 5K rpm and still has no power from the turbo. I need help please

Hi there. The wastegate actuator is not functioning correctly or the boost sensor is not working making the turbo boost properly. Check the wastegate actuator hose and see if its broken and listen for leaks when you drive the vehicle. If there is no boost pressure, then the wastegate is releasing all of the boost. If the wastegate is moving and opening the wastegate, then the turbo could be damaged and not rotating. With the engine off, remove the intake hose to the turbo and see if the shaft on the turbo spins. If the shaft does not turn, then the turbo would need to be replaced. If the vehicle was driving on the highway for a while and then shut down without idling the engine for 1 minute, then the bearings on the turbo will seize up due to a hot shut down. If the turbo is shaft is spinning and the wastegate is functional, then the boost pressure sensor is not working causing the actuator to not function. If you need further assistance with turbo not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.