Q: WHILE DRIVING, my brakes tighten against the rotors (not barely rubbing) but enough to prevent me from going more than 60 mph. doe

asked by on November 08, 2017

WHILE DRIVING, my brakes tighten against the rotors (not barely rubbing) but enough to prevent me from going more than 60 mph. does not do it all the time

Squealing noise from brakes Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Mike. Thanks for reaching out today. In most situations, a problem like this is caused by one of two things; either the brake master cylinder is malfunctioning (which is causing fluid to be applied to the brake caliper and manually collapsing the brake pads) or the brake rotor itself is warped. I’ve also seen instances where air bubbles trapped in the brake lines can cause inconsistent operation of the brake caliper as described. Since there are multiple possibilities, it might be best to have this situation inspected by a professional mechanic first - so that the right repairs can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr