Q: Engine bogging down when making a turn

When I drive my car staright forwards, it runs great. However, each time I turn the steering wheel right or left, it starts to act up. The engine starts bogging down. Then it seems like there is something that prevents the wheels from rolling and as if it would stop completely. What could be the issue?

For your 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada, you may have a problem in the transfer case causing the AWD to be engaged when it shouldn’t. In this case, the transfer case encoder is not working correctly and should be replaced. The problem will only happen when in auto mode of the AWD system. Try to put the system into manual 2WD mode and the problem should go away. I would have a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vehicle’s loss of power so the correct repairs can be made.