Q: P0011 and P0301 Code After Timing Chain Ticking Noise Fix 2004 Nissan Quest V6

I just fixed the timing chain ticking noise due to usual broken tensioner guide problem. However when I put back everything together, I am having P0011 and P0301 code showing up now. Any clue what could cause this ? I didn't have this problem before this fix procedure I performed. I see you provide Adjust Timing service, will it take care of this problem or do I need to go through another service procedure with you ?

Hi there - these codes indicate a mistiming problem with the camshaft for the cylinder bank which includes cylinder #1. This means that the cam timing is incorrect as a result of your timing guide repair. The repair requires disassembly of the timing chain components, re-timing the camshafts, and re-assembly of timing components, belts and accessories. Poor engine performance, and possible valve or piston damage can result from camshaft mistiming. I would recommend a timing chain service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• P0011 and P0301 Code After Timing Chain Ticking Noise Fix 2004 Nissan Quest V6