Q: P0011 and P0301 Code After Timing Chain Ticking Noise Fix 2004 Nissan Quest V6

I just fixed the timing chain ticking noise due to usual broken tensioner guide problem. However when I put back everything together, I am having P0011 and P0301 code showing up now. Any clue what could cause this ? I didn't have this problem before this fix procedure I performed. I see you provide Adjust Timing service, will it take care of this problem or do I need to go through another service procedure with you ?

Hi there - these codes indicate a mistiming problem with the camshaft for the cylinder bank which includes cylinder #1. This means that the cam timing is incorrect as a result of your timing guide repair. The repair requires disassembly of the timing chain components, re-timing the camshafts, and re-assembly of timing components, belts and accessories. Poor engine performance, and possible valve or piston damage can result from camshaft mistiming. I would recommend a timing chain service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. P0011 and P0301 Code After Timing Chain Ticking Noise Fix 2004 Nissan Quest V6