Q: Changing a coil pack

I've changed the coil pack on my corsa but one of the rubber covers got stuck while removing so I just removed from new one as I couldn't remove it! Car is still running rough so now I need to change spark plugs! How can I remove that rubber?

A: Hey there. The easiest way will be to use a...

Hey there. The easiest way will be to use a pair of long needle nose pliers. These pliers can reach down into the spark plug hole and then grab onto the rubber boot and lift and twist at the same time to break the boot loose and pull it out. Now you can complete the spark plug replacement and then install the new spark plug boots using a dielectric lube on the end to help seal out moisture and keep the boot from sticking in the hole if it needs removed in the future. If you need assistance with a spark plug replacement, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to perform this service or inspect the rough running problem.