Q: Why headlights shouldn't be touched with fingers

I've changed the healight bulb on my car. Before doing that, the guy from Autozone said to make sure not to touch the glass because the oil on human fingers can reduce the life of the bulb. What do you know about this?

A: He was telling you the truth. What happens ...

He was telling you the truth. What happens is, are hands can be very oily without us noticing. When that oil gets on the bulb glass, those bulbs get super hot. Then that oil starts to burn to the higher temperature and can actually make the bulb burn out. So listen to what they say and don't touch that bulb. Now, if you must, do it with a clean paper towel that doesn't leave any kind of residue. Or you can be like me and wear rubber gloves when you work on them as long as they are new and clean and don't have any oil on them.