Q: Smell of gas

Hi

I own a KIA sportage 2009. I've noticed recently that one I start my car, it smells like gas, but outside. This usually goes away once I start driving. It mainly happens in the morning. I checked for any leaks on the floor but couldn't find any...

Hi there:

Anytime you smell gasoline, it should be taken very serious. You could have fuel leaks on the fuel rail or any of the fuel injectors. You could also have a fuel tank vapor line to the intake manifold leaking vapor. Any of these issues, combined with excessive heat under the hood of the engine could cause a fire to occur. I would recommend that you have a professional mechanic complete a smell in the car inspection; so they can find the source of the gas smell and make the right repairs.

3. Smell of gas