Q: After driving for a small amount of time car starts shaking, doors unlock

I had a wreck and after the wreck my car was seemingly fine, after driving it a day I realized it was not in fact fine. After driving for maybe 10 minutes my car shakes, the doors unlock and lock, I lose power steering, the dash lights light up and then the car shuts off. When I crank it again it cranks fine, I put it in reverse it is fine, but as soon as I shift into drive it does the same thing. What could possibly be going wrong? The wreck was quite forceful, I slid into a great deal of mud which I thought was why it was shaking. Apparently I was wrong :) HELP! I am broke.

It’s possible the mud got into electrical components. There could also be mechanical part damage. To pinpoint the exact cause of the difficulty you are having will require an on-site inspection as the list of possibilities is actually pretty long though. There are lots of wires and connectors that are potentially affected and I cannot tell from your description if portions of the engine and/or transmission might have been impacted. If you want a speedy resolution, and an explanation of the required repairs and costs, please request diagnostic/inspection service and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you, right at your location. If you have any further questions at all regarding this service, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. After driving for a small amount of time car starts shaking, doors unlock