Q: My car seems to be having one huge glitch after the door was slammed extremely hard

About a week ago i was with my mom on a drive, when we got out she slammed my door extremely hard. After that, my door ajar light/alert started going off while i was driving for no reason at all. The progressed to my sound system glitching out. Within the last few days, my car's dome lights start going on and off both when I'm in it and out of it while its locked. My car alarm also keeps randomly going off for absolutely no reason. I'm getting sick of listening to my car fall apart! :( please help me!

Hi there. You should look at the door latch and the latch striker to see if there is anything visually wrong with the latch contacts with the plastic covers. Then inspect the striker to see if it is damaged or it has moved from its position and needs adjusting. If one or both of the components are damaged or out of position, then replace the latch assembly and adjust or replace the door striker. If you would like to have a technician check this out in person, have a local expert diagnose the door ajar warning light and any other symptoms the car is experiencing.

• My car seems to be having one huge glitch after the door was slammed extremely hard