Q: How do I clear the P0756 trouble code?

P0756 was detected 2/3 gear shift solenoid fluid issues low or dirty but i have way to much is showing on dipstick i took out 30 onces already and it still has to much do i drain all or keep taking out from dipstick long process like this what do i do to clear P0756.

Hi. If the code P0756 has come up, the shift solenoid for second gear is leaking fluid internally. To access the shift solenoid, you will need to remove the oil pan to the transmission. When you do this, drain all of the oil out of the oil pan and then locate the shift solenoid. Remove the oil filter from the transmission. Remove the valve body (controller on the transmission). Do not lose the check balls to the valve body.

Pull out the locking clips to the shift solenoids and look at both solenoids. Check the o-ring on the solenoids for any wear. If the o-ring is okay, then the shift solenoid has failed internally and needs to be replaced. After replacing the shift solenoids (meaning replace them together, even if the other solenoid in functioning correctly) clean off the old gasket.

Put a new gasket onto the valve body with the check balls in place and put the valve body back on to the transmission. Install all of the bolts to the valve body and torque all the bolts down in a large star pattern to 8 foot pounds. If you need assistance with replacing the shift solenoid, then seek out a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.

3. How do I clear the P0756 trouble code?