Q: Spark knocking in car

There is a spark knocking in my vehicle. The compression and the timing have been looked at and both checked out okay. Also, they cleaned the fuel injectors. There is help from Octane boosters. In my research, someone said to check the EGR valve and have it replaced (or cleaned). A neighbor looked for the EGR valve in my car, but couldn’t find it and said that he doesn’t think that my car has one. Does my make/model have one and if so, where is it and do you agree that this would fix the problem?

A: Your neighbor is correct, your particular m...

Your neighbor is correct, your particular model does not have an EGR valve. I suggest that you have a technician check the condition of the spark plugs and test the spark plug wires. Either of those of those components are more likely to cause spark knock than anything else.

I’d recommend getting some help from a qualified technician for these checks. They will be able to diagnose the the knocking noise and perform any repairs needed for your vehicle.