Q: Valvetronic operation on N42 engine.

asked by on March 08, 2017

Hello,

I have a very big engine failure which I can not reveal. It is the engine N42, 105kw, petrol in 2002. The problem happens at startup, when the included sensor Valvetronic, the third cam. When you turn off the sensor, the car without trouble starts. I checked all: VANOS, the chain is a new and set up with the professional tool, a new sensor of the camshaft, spark plugs and ignition coils are ok.

Connect the car on diagnostics and error checking, there were no mistakes on the engine.

When the sensor is included Valvetronic engine grinds as there is no compression, as the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx3KM4_a634

Any help is good to come, Best regards

The valvetronic motor is stuck or not functioning properly and causing the engine to not start up. I recommend replacing the valvetronic motor. The motor is designed to cycle itself when turning on the ignition, so it is good to let the vehicle sit for about 10 seconds before starting the engine. If you need further assistance with your valvetronic motor not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.