Q: Engine burns oil on a '97 Integra

97 Integra manual transmission; I did full rebuilt of the engine top to bottom; 250,000 miles originally on the engine; It was burning oil but no smoke; everything was inspected but it still burns oil. The compression is 1.47 and they told me it is running rich.

If it’s running rich, it can easily flood the engine out and cause it to burn oil. So I would work on that first. But that said, realize that the only thing you are testing the engine compression is the ending compression which are on the top, but you can’t check the oil rings which are on the bottom. So it could be that the oil rings are either too small or that the cylinders are somewhat worn and that it is burning oil because of that. But do try to fix the running rich condition because if it’s running rich, it can make it burn oil by dueling the oil with gasoline and making it burn.

3. Engine burns oil on a '97 Integra