Q: Trouble starting car after sitting for 2 hours

After my car sits for a minimum of one hour, it has trouble starting. The battery was replaced but nothing changed. Then the positive terminal (from Lexus) was replaced. That temporarily solved the problem for several weeks, but then we had a tornado warning plus torrents of rain and now the same problem is occurring. What is causing this problem?

A: You may be having a problem with one of the...

You may be having a problem with one of the battery cables or connections. A mechanic can do what is called is a voltage drop test on the starter and all the cables to see if one or more cables are bad. The starter may have been water soaked in the heavy rains you had if you drove through deep water.

Have a mechanic come to you and diagnose the hard to start issue for you.