Q: My car idles too low and sometimes shuts off

When I begin to pull off, I press the gas and my car hesitates to go, another problem is My idle is too low, when I'm driving and I began to press the brake to come to a stop my car shuts off, I changed my spark plugs, can you please help me I'm not sure if the problems are connected

A: This is a common sign of a failing idle air...

This is a common sign of a failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve reads the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. This valve is controlled by the vehicle's computer which will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed. This is all done by the idle air control valve. When the engine RPM drops below the normal range of 750-800 RPM, this may indicate a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your idle air control valve.