Q: My temp gauge reads low, but I replaced the thermostat.

After the first hose broke, I didnt think about the after affects. I looked some solutions, but none worked for me. My thermostat was stuck at cold after the first hose broke, but still is stuck even after I put a new one in.

In order to properly test the cooling system you’ll need to test the temperature at the temperature sending unit with a laser temperature tester or something equivalent. You’ll also need a scanner to look at the reading to the ECM for comparison. If you are getting the actual engine temperature around 185 degrees Fahrenheit or close to it, compare it to the computer reading and it should be at or near this reading. If it is reading lower than 5 degrees less then I would replace the sending unit. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can assist you with this check and help you make the necessary repair.

3. My temp gauge reads low, but I replaced the thermostat.