Q: Can bad U joints cause engine vibration

Engine vibration, shakes on upper rpm,45to50,already cleaned throttle body,fixing to replace plugs,machine says,Misfire piston5?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The misfire is likely the cause of the vibrations you are feeling. When just one cylinder is having a misfire, you may have a bad spark plug, a weak spark due to a failing coil, an issue with the spark plug wire, or an issue with the valves. With that being said, the spark (ignition) system is easy to check. You need to check the spark plug itself, the wire, and the power supply going to the spark plug. You may also need to check the valves. This can be hard to do, but if they are dirty or sticking then fuel system cleaner may help. For more assistance with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Can bad U joints cause engine vibration