Q: Cooling fan runs constantly

The cooling fan runs constantly when the car is on. Shuts off when key is in in aux position and when car is off. Would that be a bad cooling fan module???

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty coolant fan relay. The coolant fan relay helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this relay is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, stay on all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your coolant fan.