Q: We have a 2008 Dodge Magnum 2.7 and have replaced the thermostat and thermostat housing. However, the car is still leaking a good amount of coolant.

The car keeps running hot after we have changed the thermostat and housing. There is fluid leaking from the weep hole. The car will crank and run. Do you think it is the water pump? If so, how muchdoes that usually run? We live in Rentz, GA. Hopefully, we can get this fixed.

When there is coolant leaking from the weep hole on a water pump, the seal on the water pump is damaged and no longer can hold in the coolant. I recommend replacing the water pump. The weep hole is designed to allow coolant to flow out the water pump in the event the shaft seal gives out as an indicator to replace the pump prior to the shaft seizing up.

If you need further assistance with your coolant leaks, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. We have a 2008 Dodge Magnum 2.7 and have replaced the thermostat and thermostat housing. However, the car is still leaking a good amount of coolant.