Q: What tips should be followed when using the universal garage door opener?

What tips should be followed when using the universal garage door opener?

If your car is equipped with a universal garage door opener, it provides you with a convenient way to get into your garage and eliminates the need to carry a handheld remote in your car. However, there are some important tips to follow regarding this system:

• Don’t program the garage door with the car in the garage – you should be outside, and the door and opener should have no obstructions.

• Don’t use the garage door opener if your system does not have a safety stop and reverse feature.

• Keep your old remote – you’ll need it for reprogramming.

• Erase the codes stored in the garage door opener if you sell or trade in your car.

• While the garage door opener can be programmed to work with a community gate, you’ll need to follow the gate manufacturer’s instructions.

• If you accidentally enter Programming mode, don’t press any other buttons for several seconds. The system will automatically go back to normal.

• Don’t damage your driver side sun visor – this is where the garage door opener is installed.

• What tips should be followed when using the universal garage door opener?