Q: When i reverse out of my driveway then shift into drive sometimes it doesnt shift into drive

My stick shift is having a hard time going in to drive from reverse. I move the shifter to drive and nothing happens. So i put it in park and try again and usually that fixes the problem til next time. Only thing i notivlced its done before this started was that it was having a hard time shifting into second from first sometimes not always. And if you dont keep your feet on the breaks when you initially place the car in reverse for a few moments it will jerk into reverse hard .What might be the issue

Have the shift cable checked to see if it has worn cable ends and check to see if the fluid is low. If you check both of these and they are okay then you will need to have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to test the computer system and transmission further.