Q: Problems with the steering after replacing tires and alignment

My car has gone around 170,000 miles. It has problems with the steering, which is a bit loose. I had tires replaced and did the alignment. Apart from that, the mechanic also put new bolt joints, camber and caster sleeve, did a job at the front brake and put two new shocks as well. I still have problems with the steering. It is worse now after the work is done on the car. It has a floating feel to it. What should i do?

The steering drag link, idler arm, and tie rods should be checked to see if the joints are worn out and needs to be replaced. The steering shock should also be checked to see if it is still good, worn, or leaking. Once these are checked, I think you will find a problem with the link arm or idle arm. The replacement and realignment of the front end should be taken care of nonetheless. I recommend you contact a qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic to inspect why your steering does not respond properly.