Q: My 2005.1 Audi S4 Avant starts when the engine is cold just fine, however when it's warmed up it won't start. Cranks won't catch

asked by on July 21, 2017

2005.1 Audi S4 Avant cranks but won't start when engine is hot, starts when cold and runs fine. Can't take it anywhere, afraid I will get stuck.

Hi there. When a car is hard to start when it is warmed up or hot, it’s typically due to a fuel system issue; ranging from a mass air flow sensor that is faulty, clogged fuel injectors or a throttle body that is damaged. It’s also possible that simple items like a fuel or air filter is dirty and needs to be replaced. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can determine the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.