Q: Hi! I Was driving on the highway with the A/C on and noticed some fumes/smoke coming through one of the vents and it smelled like exhaust.

Smoke coming through the ac vents with the AC on and smells like exhaust. The ac has been cutting on and off as well and doesn't sound very good as well sometimes either getting a fan noise. I did run up on curb pretty good which made a good scraping noise when I did it. Not sure if that's relevant or not. Thank you!

Hi there. Check the blend doors to the air conditioning and heating system. If the outside blend door actuator is not working properly or if it’s open to the outside air, it will draw air from inside the engine compartment. There could be an exhaust leak on the engine that is fumigating the cabin area. Look at the exhaust manifold and look for any burn marks. Usually the gasket or donut on the exhaust pipe gets burned and would need replaced. If you need further assistance with locating exhaust gases getting into the cabin department, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hi! I Was driving on the highway with the A/C on and noticed some fumes/smoke coming through one of the vents and it smelled like exhaust.