Q: Strong smell of gas in my 2002 volvo v70. 161,000 miles

Strong smell of gas in and around the car. Runs fine, with slight trouble starting occasionally

Hello there. Anytime you smell gasoline inside the cabin of a car, truck or SUV; it’s typically an indicator of a fuel leak. This is a situation that should not be avoided, as although it might seem to be a minor inconvenience, gas fumes can ignite quickly - causing a serious safety condition. In some cases, the fuel leak can come from the engine compartment or underneath the vehicle. Regardless, I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to correctly diagnose where the fuel leak exists, so they can recommend or complete the right repairs before driving your vehicle further.

3. Strong smell of gas in my 2002 volvo v70. 161,000 miles