Q: How do i get to my timing chain in my 2000 Lincoln ls 3.9L v8?

I think i could do it my self i been doing some research i just need some extra comfirmation maybe some one who could help me step by step i'm not to experience with this type of stuff.

A: As you may know your car has dual overhead ...

As you may know your car has dual overhead cams with two timing chains and four timing gears. The timing chains are located on the front of the engine under the timing chain covers.

This can be a fairly involved job to get into to replace or adjust these and requires a certain skill level due to the importance of the timing in the engine. If this is not properly adjusted, this can result in catastrophic engine problems.

If you don't feel comfortable with this repair, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to replace your timing chain and address any other issues present.