Q: Lock / unlock buttons not working on key fob.

On my key fob, there are five buttons. Lock, unlock, trunk unlock, alarm, and one that's used in the remote start process. The lock and unlock buttons are the only ones that don't get any response from the car. I can lock and unlock all four doors manually. The reason these buttons not working bothers me so much is because I have to press the lock button, then the remote start button to actually start my car remotely. Since the lock button isn't working, I can't do this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

P.s. I have already tried a new battery.

The key fob may have some broken buttons or the battery could be dying out causing the buttons to not function. If the key fob has been dropped, a contact point inside the electronics on the key fob could have been broken causing the buttons to fail and short out with each other. In that case, I suggest replacing the key fob remote. If you need further assistance with your key fob not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Lock / unlock buttons not working on key fob.