Q: Shift to 'P' range display on dash.

i have a 2012 Nissan Rogue on the vehicle information display it says "shift to p range" however the car is in park. Any ideas of what is causing this? It is in the shop but they really have no clue either.

Transmission Position Sensor (Switch) Replacement $90.40 - $913.94 Get a Quote

Hi there. The transmission position sensor may be damaged or has a short inside the sensor. Check the harness to the sensor and make sure that it’s hooked up properly and has no moisture in it. If the harness is good, then I recommend replacing the transmission position sensor. If you need further assistance with your message on the dash for the transmission in the position of Park, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.