Q: Shift to 'P' range display on dash.

i have a 2012 Nissan Rogue on the vehicle information display it says "shift to p range" however the car is in park. Any ideas of what is causing this? It is in the shop but they really have no clue either.

Hi there. The transmission position sensor may be damaged or has a short inside the sensor. Check the harness to the sensor and make sure that it’s hooked up properly and has no moisture in it. If the harness is good, then I recommend replacing the transmission position sensor. If you need further assistance with your message on the dash for the transmission in the position of Park, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.